Monday, August 31, 2015

Gallon Water Challenge

Alright, week one is done!  How is everyone feeling?  I successfully walked a minimum of 3 miles everyday last week.  I have zero intention of dropping this habit because that is exactly what I intend to make it... HABIT!  Now I am sure that you must be questioning the impact on my weight.  I can truthfully say that I have no idea.  I am thankful for measurements because some number are a tiny bit smaller.

In the past few years I have come to have what I think is a pretty serious digestive issue.  To put it gently, I have a difficult time "getting rid" of my food intake.  I know, gross, but it is what can seriously attribute to weight loss.  You literally have to get rid of it, and I for some reason, am not.

I feel like I can confidently rule out that lack of movement is not the issue.  In my research that was a top recommendation.  Been there, done that, no change.  Now to try something different.  Since I have worked on adding movement, I need to better focus on another goal that should help in movement too.

Water is the biggest rage.  Everywhere you go, everyone you meet; WATER, WATER, WATER.  It is so fetch.

I am terrible about water.  I partially blame my profession.  Being an elementary school teacher is like being a hamster in a cage.  There is no leaving, and unless I run relentlessly on my wheel, all hell can break loose.  I get in the zone and before I know it, it is lunch time.  I have had no water or liquid intake since my one cup of morning coffee.  At least I do not have to worry about getting someone to cover me to run to the bathroom all day.  I have accidentally trained my body to survive long periods of time without water.  Bring on the zombie apocalypse, I am ready.

This year I am moving to teach fifth grade.  It means my daily schedule will change a little and I now will have more time to do things like use the bathroom.  To which I present to you...

The Gallon Water Challenge

Some doctors recommend that the amount of water you consume should equal to at least half of your body weight in ounces.  Granted, I do not weight anywhere close to 260 pounds, but there are a lot of people who swear by the water challenge.

Just drink one gallon a day.  Be sure to pace yourself, you should not be remembering your lack of water intake late at night, you are too late!  After a lot of research, I put some pace markers on my gallon to make it easier.  Plus I have my mini sidekicks today to help keep me focused!
Different people report different results which I find believable, we are all different!

Regardless, here is what I am hoping to gain from this challenge:

1. Less bloating - I am all bloat - yuck!
2. Better digestion - more weight loss!
3. More energy - will help with overworking and moving!

I challenge you to join me for a week.  Just one week.  If you can do it, push it to the full 30 days.  If you can, take before and after pictures, let me know if you see any changes.  Oh, and do not forget to keep moving!


No comments:

Post a Comment