Sunday, September 27, 2015

I'm Not Dead

Hey there!  Miss me?!

I know, I know I am a terrible blogger.  Today I will get you up to speed on what has been going on with me.  Truth be told, I have been completely thrown off.  School has introduced a new form of routine that I have yet to figure out.  That being said I also have not put in ANY effort into figuring that out.  Hello new October goal!

I switched to Fifth Grade for this year and it is a little overwhelming.  I have a great class and an even greater support system, but I am struggling with the transfer of the work load that I now have to do.  Kindergarten and first grade correcting was a breeze, plus I always had someone to help me with it.  Now I have 4+ page tests and homework that I am responsible for correcting and analyzing.  Not to mention that there are 20 of each to do.  The fifth grader inside me says "Well don't assign so much stuff!"  I wish it could be that easy!

On top of the change in school duties, I also have a change in babysitting duties.  The family I help out has stretched their availability too thin so I have to help out more, not that I mind.  But it means that I have to be there every weekday and it can be wearing.  Unfortunately my car required some work for the first time which reminded me that without babysitting, I have incredibly little money to spare after my student loans and other bills.  Woof.

I have let these things be my focus instead of my health goals.  The good news is that I have not gained any weight!  Yippee!  The not as great news is that I really have not lost anything either.  Boooo.  The past few weeks included weddings, dinner parties, football, and birthdays.  I guess I have won in the end.

So the water challenge, I bet you have been curious.  I actually have really enjoyed it.  I may not exactly drink a gallon a day now, but I am drinking a minimum of a half gallon of just water alone.  I have found quite a few things were happening.  I lost my three pound gain that first week, ironically what I figure to be just water weight.  I also noticed an incredible decrease in my appetite and snacking wants.  I also can tell when I have been slow in my intake because I get a headache.  I have grown accustomed to headaches and I now feel a majority of those were caused by dehydration.  The last major change has been in my skin.  I have been blessed with nice, clear skin for most of my life, but lately I have been breaking out like crazy.  After some research, I found that lots of people had this happen as well.  The water is forcing my skin to simply detox, sweet.

Chopped Taco Mason Jar Salad #organizeyourselfskinny #masonjarsaldThe best thing about going back to school is that I have remembered my love for Mason Jar Salads.  My all time favorite source is Organize Yourself Skinny.  I have yet to make one of her salads and not like it!  Considering my busy schedule, the prep is key.  I make 4 of them on Sunday night because I reward myself with free pizza Friday for staff at school.  When I am half awake in the morning, I just grab the jar and some healthy snack options, throw them in my lunchbox, and go!  This week I am opting for her Chopped Taco Mason Jar Salad.  I have found that I need some meat in my salad, it makes me feel a lot more satisfied.

The only issue I have with making these salads is that it takes time and effort to do it!  I need to force myself to get going on that!

As for a goal, I need to get exercising.  I hope to get my act together so that I can add it in after school before babysitting.  That most likely will not be happening on Monday.  I meet my new Primary Care Physician after school.  My goal is to get tested for a thyroid problem.  I understand that weight loss is hard, but something just does not seem right here.  I would like to rule that out or deal with it stat!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment