Monday, October 12, 2015

Shamelss Stitch Fix Review

Hi everyone!  It has been quite the week... birthday week!  I am so blessed to have so many people wish me a happy birthday.  I am also so grateful for my loving boyfriend, family, and friends who all came together to celebrate me!  What a strange group of people... I love you all!


My birthday gift to myself was my third delivery on Stitch Fix!

From 1992-2006 I wore a uniform almost every day.  # catholicschoolproblems My first day of classes in college was a major struggle.  I spent hours obsessing over my outfit for the first time in my life.  It.  Was.  Awful.  Needless to say that by day two I was exclusively wearing my sweats unless I was working off campus.  On the last day of classes sophomore year, a professor commented that finals week always surprised him, saying "For example, Gayle, you are wearing jeans!"  I have just never been confident in my wardrobe choices, and the yo-yoing of my weight does not help.  Black clothes are where my comfort lies.

That is... until now.

A friend sold me quickly on Stitch Fix, a monthly subscription clothing box.  So now I will shamelessly sell it to you.  When you create an account you create your "Style Profile."  Your style profile contains all the information needed to style you.  You list your sizes and measurements.  Currently Stitch Fix only carries sizes 0-14, but also has many accessories and shoes available.  I have found that their clothes fit pretty true to size.  You also list what you like and do not like.  This is one aspect that I really love, control.  You have the ability to choose for them to NEVER send you specific things.  For example, I said no heels and no fashion sneakers.  I am particular about my heel height and I would hate to waste an item on something I am so picky on... just wait to see why!  I also hate animal print and real fur, so I will never see those!  My recommendation is to be as specific as possible.  If you are not honest and upfront, be prepared to get something you do not like.  Stitch Fix is 100% geared on YOUR FEEDBACK!  Be honest!  You can even link up a Pinterest board for them to draws ideas about what you like from.

Once you are all signed up, you schedule your fix.  Here is where it is NOT a monthly subscription, again, CONTROL!  You can choose for it to come automatically as often as you would like, or to only come when you choose.  It costs $20 to schedule a fix.  Seeing your box at the door is like coming down the stairs on Christmas morning.  Every time you schedule a fix, they send you five items.  These items come with a personalized note from your stylist.. they actually read what you say, as well as give recommendations on how to wear the pieces sent.  I am keeping those little cards for future
ideas!  You then try it on and have a fashion show for yourself.  After that, it is simple.  Keep and pay for what you want, send back whatever you don't.  All boxes come with a prepaid envelope that you just need to drop off at the post office.

After deciding, you simply go online to checkout.  Again, BE AS HONEST AS POSSIBLE.  If you hate it, say why.  If you love it, say why.  Even if you keep one thing, you get your $20 fee to use towards the purchase.  You only lose that money if you decide to keep nothing.  If you decide to buy all of the items, you get an additional 25% off on top of your $20 off.

So I bet you are wondering what the catch is.  I will be completely honest, it can be a little pricey.  In your profile, you get to choose the price points of what you would like to spend.  I have "As Cheap As Possible" chosen for all products.  The average price of items is around $50, so it adds up quickly.  And while I would normally scoff at this (remember I am only a Catholic school teacher!), I don't argue it. One thing is that a lot of the clothes are actually made in America.  Big bonus.  I do not mind paying the extra money because someone was actually paid to make it.  Also the quality is incredibly noticeable, and I know I am getting what I am paying for.  And because it is more expensive than I would normally buy, I am not picking up random things at stores anymore.  Sorry Target. At first Andrew was on me about tracking what I was spending, which he is right about.  But he is loving what I am wearing now too!  Win!

I am now getting so many compliments on my outfits which is incredibly flattering.  I discovered that you can even request certain stylists.  After receiving and loving my second Fix, I requested to keep the most recent stylist.  It was so nice to get a thank you for the request in the note from Kelly.  She just seems to get me!  The neat thing is that you can earn credits, although I have been unsuccessful in that area... but maybe only until now.  For every referral, you get a $25 credit.  So go on and try it by clicking here!  You do not even have to buy anything for someone to get a credit, just order!  It is my birthday... just do it! ;)

Some people complain that they do not have luck.  Maybe I am just lucky.  They have great customer service so do not hesitate to complain if you hate the first try completely.  I have heard that they will send you a second one to retry without spending an additional styling fee if it is a total bust.

I put all the pictures from my birthday fix in this post.  I got an AMAZING pair of jeans, and remember, I hate jeans.  I also got two shirts, a scarf, and a vest.  The picture on the right makes me look ready to go apple picking!  I was hoping for some nice fall layers so I asked and received!

Also!  Family and friends!! Attention! Christmas is in 2 months and they have gift cards!  Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment