Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Taco Tuesday

And we are on to day two!

Today so far has been a little bit better.  I am learning that I need to spend some quality time planning and doing quite a bit of math, my least favorite subject.  Success is going to be a lot harder than I want it to be.

In fact, I had a great discussion with a coworker today.  My coworker who happens to be my trainer's mother!  She was showing me the progress of her youngest daughter who has lost 70 pounds since April of this year.  I felt hopeful and excited, but also hesitant.  I struggle with patience.  I always become defeated in my weight loss journey and goals because I simply cannot wait for my results.  This causes frustration and the want to give up, which I essentially do.  My least favorite saying is "Do not expect to lose weight quickly... you put it on a pound at time."

LIES.  ALL LIES.

First of all weight loss quote, you do not know me!  I can cite specific weekends in which I gained 5 pounds in two days.  A WEEKEND.  I wish I was able to lose weight in the same way.  Now I will chalk part of that up to my struggles with my digestive system, but still.. come on.

The sad part of my weight loss is that it is going to take time.  Unfair!  I need to buckle down and plan.  Success is in the details.  In my discussion today I also decided to hold off on some of my gym expectations.  I think it is wise to nail the food part and slowly add in the gym.  I will still go and simply use the treadmill to aid in reaching my daily step goal.

So after I left the gym today I headed to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner... taco Tuesday!  I must have spent 30 minutes in the store getting 3 things.  I was scrolling away through MyFitnessPal figuring out numbers.  I am still off on my Macro numbers, but I am a little closer today.  I hope to be even closer tomorrow!

I was also successful in another gallon of water down! Woooohoooo!

1741 Calories          164 g Carbs          62 g Fat          74 g Protein

Breakfast:
1. Coffee
2. 1 T Light Cream
3. Thomas' Corn English Muffin
4. 1 T Butter
5. 1 Fried Egg
6. Slice of Pepper-jack cheese

Lunch:
1. 4 Slices Thin n Trim Virginia Ham
2. 2 Slices American Cheese
3. 1 C Cucumber slices
4. 1/2 C Blackberries
5. 1 Square Ghiradelli 86% Chocolate

Snack - Throughout the Day:
1. 2 Clementines
2. 1/2 C Blackberries
3. Yoplait Whips! Vanilla Cupcake
4. 1/2 C Caramel Corn

Dinner:
1. 3 Corn Tortilla Shells
2. 4 oz 85% Ground Beef
3. Medium Plum Tomato
4. 1/2 C Shredded Lettuce
5. 2 T Shredded Taco Cheese
6. 1 T Medium Taco Sauce

The best part of today was wine.  I needed some more calories and carbs when I realized the most perfect solution.  I am quite thankful for those empty calories tonight.

Cheers to you!  May you have more patience than me!



No comments:

Post a Comment