Friday, April 1, 2016

Back in the Saddle

Hey there!  Did you miss me?

I have been up to a lot since November, just trying to figure myself out.  A journey is a journey no matter the results.  I have been hard at work since before Thanksgiving.  I watched what I ate (and cheated... a lot) and began working out.

The result?

The same... and not the same.  My weight has not moved.  IN.  MONTHS.  But my clothes fit better and I suddenly feel more dedicated than ever.

So I sat myself down and put some hard thought into my journey.  What was working?  What was not working?  What did I want?  When did I want it?  What was I going to do?

Last Week's Grocery Run...
When I was in college I did Weight Watchers.  I lost 30 pounds in one summer just by changing the way that I ate.  But when I went back to WW, the program had changed.  It really was no longer as strict as I so desperately needed it to be.  Fruits and veggies, no points?  I was eating straight carbs for every single point instead of filling up on what my body needed.  Then I tried a Macro Nutrition Diet.  Same problem.  I was hitting the numbers I needed, but I wasn't fueling my body in the way that it needed.  

STEAK. Oh and salad...
I reached out to an old friend who now runs a business as a health and fitness coach.  At a great price I signed up for a detailed nutrition plan.  Despite the fact that I am here in MA and that she is in HI... yup... Hawaii... she still made this great effort to work with me on MY time.  She gave me a calendar, some tips and tricks and set me free.  I started Monday morning.  Because I work in a Catholic School, I get the coveted Easter Monday off which was solid for meal prep.  I prepped two days worth.  Bringing my specific dinner and snack to late night babysitting, not straying by even the slightest measurement.

As I sat down and went through each recipe and requirement, I began noticing a theme.  Shakes for snacks.  Which I might add... in a pinch, Svelte Shakes are delicious!  I could even get them at Market Basket!  This was when I had my ah-ha moment....

A year ago I entered into a Biggest Loser Challenge.  I did not win, but I held my own.  I lost over 10 pounds in those 6 weeks in a beyond healthy way.  I had already figured out that my eating habits had returned, that I had no energy to put into making quality food, I was rushed, excuse after excuse after excuse.  I put all the weight back on and simply maintained at that tipping point.  What was my big change that has been leaving me feeling so down about the way I look and feel from just a year before?  Shakeology.

That was when Carrie reached out to me.  Carrie if you are reading this.. you may have been my miracle.  Carrie is my Beachbody Coach, and a great one at that.  She is successful and driven, kind and compassionate, and is constantly on the hunt for her own self-improvement.  She is inspirational.  In January I started in a Step Challenge Group through these Beachbody coaches.  $10 per person to get in.  You have to get 10,000 steps a day and post your steps with the date.  The last one standing wins the pot.  On New Year's Day 50 people started, $500.  Here we are April 1st, there are only six of us, myself included.  Carrie's just pointed out that I was focused, driven, and inspiring.  Everything that a coach needed to be.

So I joined her.  I resigned on as an active coach so that I could save money.  Not only do I save money on Shakeology, supplements, videos, and other health tools, but I can also MAKE money.  I can start getting my Shakeology for FREE.  I can also potentially make some extra cash, and maybe even stop struggling.  Here goes nothing.  Rags to Riches.  Flab to Fab.  I used Shakeology with my new diet this week.  I changed the way ate, added Shakeology, and only walked 10,000 steps a day.  Nothing else.  Between Monday AM and Friday PM, I have already lost 4.2 pounds.  BOOM.


I am back in the saddle.  I have a new Biggest Loser Challenge starting next week, and I WILL WIN.


You don't have to sit there and just watch, join me!  Ask me how!  I will keep posting more this weekend about these big changes.  My new package of VEGAN Shakeology and 22 Hard Corps arrives TOMORROW... okay I am stalking the Fedex app!


See ya then! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment