Thursday, April 7, 2016

Home!

Home sweet home!


I AM EXHAUSTED.  The past four days were jam packed with serious work.  We were up early and up late.  I learned everything I could about a new school inside and out in three short days.  It was a taste of what it would have been like to be a detective for sure!  The school was amazing and very hospitable.

For the past four days I lived at the Colonol Blackington Inn in Attleboro.  It is a sweet little inn with a great kitchen.  I mentioned that I was nervous being there and straying from a meal plan that I started with success.  I did not like the idea of restarting.  But I did not do too bad.  I tried to stick to a lot of salad and seafood.  I did splurge on just a little pasta and dairy (butter and creamer.)  But after just one day with a wee bit of dairy and wheat, my stomach became VERY angry.  I kicked it into gear yesterday and stuck to the plan.  If I really want to meet my goals,  I need to be eating like it, AND working like it.  LET'S DO THIS.

Guess what?  IT WAS HARD.

You know what else?  IT WAS WORTH IT.

My other downfall was water.  I definitely missed my gallon.  I opted not to bring it because I was already carrying so much with me.  I was not driving my car and it snowed!  The ice was so bad!  If anything, missing my gallon is the only regret.

I got up two mornings at 5 A.M. to workout.  It was just 22 minutes.  I felt like I had so much more energy to get through the day.  I opted out of the early rising today because I knew I would be home and free earlier than usual.  When I got home all I wanted to do was take a nap.  In fact, that was my plan.  But I popped in the DVD and got to work.  I am still a little tired, but my energy peaked almost immediately.

The best part about my workout was that I did not have to worry about taking it with me.  Beachbody now has the option of onDemand!  I have a free trial this month and I just may have to keep it.  I was able to plan and pre-download the workouts that I wanted to do right to my phone.  Once I was ready, I simply opened the app and hit play!  It was great because if I had to go from standing to the floor, I could just simply take it with me!  It made it so easy to watch the demonstration of the exercise as it was my first time doing these videos.  I am trying to focus on 22 Hard Corps at the moment, but I may sneak a peak at some of the other programs.  It would be a sweet way to try something new!  Plus this month there is a killer promotion involving Beachbody onDemand.  I'll post more about that tomorrow... make sure you contact me if your interested! ;)

Mmmmm... chocolate!
The other thing that I am proud of is bringing my shakes!  I brought my little shaker cup with a scoop of Vegan, Chocolate Shakeology (dairy free!)  When the time was right, I grabbed a cold bottle of water, poured it in, grabbed a straw, and sucked it down.  I actually did not need to suck it down at all, it tastes fine with just a little water!  But it does taste even better with some added goodies! YUM.

All in all I survived.  But most importantly I learned something.  Life is all about making decisions.  I could have just done whatever I wanted the whole visit.  The entire stay had been paid for, I could have ordered anything I wanted.  But at the end of the day, my decisions had to be in line with my goals.  I decided that the Biggest Loser was more important than the happiness of my taste buds.  My meal choices did not make them unhappy anyways!  The key to success is consistency, and I am ready to commit!

In health and happiness,

G

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great Gayle! I know how hard it is to reach those goals you've set for yourself.

    ReplyDelete