Saturday, April 9, 2016

Masters

The pic that won us tickets!
So you may or may not know this... but it is the Masters!  I do not golf, despite how much the HS golf coach tried to convince me during softball season, "Farrington, that would be a way better golf swing."  Maybe if I had known what scholarships may have been out there I would have said yes.

Regardless, I do enjoy watching golf.  My father watched it a lot when I was a kid, so I never minded the background noise of it.  Now my dear boyfriend loves it even more.  I had entered him into a contest to win tickets to the Deutsche Bank Championship in Norton last fall.  I only partially guilted him into taking me.  We had a friend buy a ticket and had an absolute BLAST.  The best part?  I entered another contest while there and won tickets to the tournament this year!  Thanks Golfsmith!

This weekend is the Masters and I may be a little more invested than I am leading on.  Truth be told, I love Rory McIlroy.  I cannot help it.  I am really rooting for him to win big this weekend.  McIlroy has a new commercial out for Nike that is airing quite frequently now.  Go ahead, watch it on 
below.  It is awesome.


Have you ever felt like the universe is trying to talk to you?  I feel like Rory is talking to me in this commercial.  I know, I am crazy!  He suffered an injury last year that kept him from playing, this year is almost like a mini-comeback.  Granted his life is clearly different from mine, but are you getting what I am getting at from this commercial?  If you want it, you have to go and get it.

Last week I had such an off week schedule wise, it was actually great.  I had a lot more freedom and time to schedule in my workouts.  I finished my first week of 22 Hard Corps today!  I am so thankful that it is only 22 minutes.  As much as I try to convince myself to skip it, I cannot beat the argument that there is no reason why I cannot squeeze it in.  Next week is the challenge.  I have the benefit of my own food, FINALLY.  But my hectic schedule returns with babysitting.  I plan on hearing my own early morning alarm to help me GET UP and GET GOING.  Thanks Rory... go get 'em!

I had said the other day that I would talk a wee bit more about Beachbody onDemand (BOD.)  I really utilized mine this week.  With our schedules the way they are, I like to give Andrew his time to decompress after work, we all need it!  We only have an Xbox to play any DVDs.  So it was nice that he could reset on the couch and that I could go into the bedroom for my 22 minutes.  It is so awesome to have his support!

Next week we will be at Myrtle Beach and I may be following in the example to the right.  Workout, with my program, ON THE BEACH.  Heck yeah!  You can even download a few workouts so that you can stream offline!  The calendar, booklet, and any necessary paper material is all listed in the app.  Why are more people not doing this and talking about this?!

This month includes a SUPER AWESOME SPECIAL.  Which means that you can join me on my journey!  You can get Shakeology (YUM,) a shaker cup, the Fix portion containers, and 90 days on BOD.  90 DAYS PEOPLE!  What is cooler about this is that in those 90 days you have access to all premium content.  Curious about 21 Day Fix, but too nervous to spend the money?  TRY IT.  PiYo more your style?  TRY IT.  All the major programs that I am sure you have heard about you can try.  Spend some time with Shaun T, Tony, Chalene, Autumn, etc.  This is the PERFECT promotion for someone who wants to try it but is hesitant.  We have NEW groups starting soon.  If you are anything like me, you need accountability to succeed.  That is why this blog exists!  The best part is that we can give you that!  So if you are ready to just simply TRY, talk to me!


Between weigh in on Monday and weigh in on Friday, I lost no weight.  Womp womp.  But you know what?  I also did not gain anything.  Yippee!  I have eaten out at restaurants for the majority of this week.  Every meal Sunday through Wednesday, lunch yesterday, and dinner tonight.  Talk about a non-scale victory.  Tomorrow morning I am going to take my measurements and take pictures to visually compare what is going on in my body.

Week two of Biggest Loser is ON.  Now I have food AND workouts on my side.  I cannot wait to see what the difference is!  Plus we lost one more in the step challenge!  Bring it!  They are making a special announcement tomorrow about it, I am so curious as to what it may be...

Monday is Opening Day at Fenway. Wish me luck!  There is a whole lot of temptation there.   Hoping for self control and fun.  I cannot wait for a hot dog! :)

In health and happiness,

G

No comments:

Post a Comment